The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

AMD Drivers not working correctly.

Started by nicktune1219, Jan 18, 2016, 07:56 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

nicktune1219

Jan 18, 2016, 07:56 pm Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016, 08:32 pm by nicktune1219
Hi, i recently built a new computer with the following specs.

• OS- Windows 10
  • CPU- AMD FX-6300 Vishera
  • Graphics- Asus Strix Radeon R7-370 4GB
  • Motherboard- MSI 970 Gaming
  • Power Supply- EVGA Supernova 550 G2 (550w)
  • Case- NZXT Source 220 Window

i installed AMD Crimson 15.12 and things went well for the first couple of days. i started to notice that games, especially ETS2 and Batman Arkham Night were not working correctly and the framerate was really dropping. i also noticed that in the middle of gaming, both of my monitors would turn black. i would have to alt+tab back to the steam client. then i would get a message saying "AMD drivers stopped working and recovered." Eventually, a few days ago, i got the notification for Crimson 16.1 Hotfix. I downloaded and installed the hotfix yesterday and i turned on the computer today and started up ETS2 and the framerate was significantly dropped. thing is, yesterday, the game was as smooth as butter. I think this has something to do with the drivers uninstalling every time i shut down my computer. i installed AMD Catalyst before and it did the same exact thing as this would. when running Catalyst, i would install the drivers every time I turned on the computer. Does anyone know if there is something i need to do or are there other programs i need to install? Please let me know.  sqrlGG
ǝɟıן = sǝɯǝɯ
ǝɟıן = sǝɯǝɯ
ǝɟıן = sǝɯǝɯ

NinjaLabs

Don't have a qlue sorry  ::)  sqrlRIP

alikdiana

Feb 29, 2016, 07:17 am Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 01:20 am by alikdiana
Hi nicktune1219,

This is a normal problem about graphic drivers  stopped working and recovered when playing game. This happens upon Windows Vista, such as Windows 7, 8 and 10.

You can try do these things:
1. Update graphic drivers.
2. Use Task Manager to End Program
3. Increase the TDR Value Data
4. Update the System Package

https://windows10skill.com/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered/

muckshifter

go get the "driver clean-up" utility ...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

... uninstall your drivers, clean-up, reinstall with the latest drivers.

use the 64bit drivers

I have no issues with the latest Crimson 16.1.1 offerings on my AMD FX 8350 & R9 380 with Win 10

regards, Mucks  sqrlYES
I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.

Go Up