The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

I need a little help

Started by LoneWolf1959, Jun 12, 2020, 09:22 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

LoneWolf1959

I am having a problem with the computer I built. I have a feeling that it's the video card. Just not sure. Is there any problem or some way to find out what the problem is?
Any help here would be great.

Tam_O_Shanter

I would suggest posting in the tech-chat channel in Discord, if you are currently subscribed.

You would need to say what kind of issues you are having.

If there is a specific problem sometimes the easiest solution is to put that into a search engine and see if it
has been fixed in another forum or tutorial video.

LoneWolf1959

Jun 20, 2020, 08:06 pm Last Edit: Jun 20, 2020, 09:22 pm by LoneWolf1959
Ok I have downloaded and installed the Demo of 3dmark. Here is the link for the results. I hope someone can explain them to me, and how to fix this.   

Now Bare in mind that I am not using a laptop, I am using a Desktop that I built a couple of years ago now. My feeling is something is not right.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/47926516

Thanks in advance.

Tam_O_Shanter

You might want to explain what problem you feel you are having, when it happens, and any error messages.

LoneWolf1959

The system is running sluggish, taking time to load programs that use to load fast. I did post the results on the 3Dmark forum on steam and one of the people there said that my CPU is only working 1/3 of what it should be, it is running at 1406 MHZ. Thats seem less then what it should be. Also when I am playing games like ATS or ETS2 I used to get 60 to 100 FPS on high level, but I am only getting 15 to 30 on high level. So something is up.  At present my CPU temp is only 25C, Seems a little cool to me. But when it was running right is would run at about 30 to 40C. So before I start digging deeper into this thing, I need opinions.

Thanks.

Tam_O_Shanter

Perhaps start with a few basics and try to eliminate common reasons - here is a search example

Remember to back up and save restore points.

LoneWolf1959

Ok thanks.

Go Up