The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Forum Doesn't Stay Logged-In

Started by P0lyg0nW1nd0w, May 07, 2015, 01:06 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

P0lyg0nW1nd0w

Hi, is there a way to keep signed into the forum? At the moment every time I close the page then it logs me out and I have to log in whenever I visit the forum again. Also, if you're browsing a thread and then decide to log in, then it takes you back to the forum home page. It would be better if it could just log you in and return you to the page you were looking at.

Thanks.

Thyrox

Hello there,

regarding the "staying logged in": Technically it is possible, but for some specific reasons we do not want to do that. I will forward it, we may be able to increase the logged in time.

Regarding the "getting redirected to the main forum when logging in while being on a post": It is very likely that we are going to change that.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thyrox
Administrator and moderator for SquirrelTV.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.

lolsokje

May we know why you've chosen not to keep users logged in for as long as they want? It's not really a big deal (one click on 'login' and you're logged in anyway) but I'm just curious :)

NHY7423

but for some specific reasons we do not want to do that. I will forward it, we may be able to increase the logged in time.
Why would you not want to do that? In some other forums they do that without any time limit.
Cheers,
NHY7423, a beta-tester, moderator and add-on developer at Promods, under the name "tkk7406"

Thyrox

May 12, 2015, 07:51 am Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:16 am by Thyrox
but for some specific reasons we do not want to do that. I will forward it, we may be able to increase the logged in time.
Why would you not want to do that? In some other forums they do that without any time limit.
Other forums have different requirements than our forum.

Thyrox

NHY7423

Thyrox
Is it due to the fact that this forum isn't as "busy" as others?
Cheers,
NHY7423, a beta-tester, moderator and add-on developer at Promods, under the name "tkk7406"

Thyrox

Thyrox
Is it due to the fact that this forum isn't as "busy" as others?
I don't quite now what you mean by that, but I can't get into any further details, I'm afraid.

Thyrox

Go Up