The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

ETS2 won't load

Started by with_my_apologies, Jul 06, 2018, 05:42 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

with_my_apologies

Hey nutters  sqrlHI, I was hoping someone can help. Apologies if this is not in the right section.

I've not played ETS2 for at least 12 months. Bought Scandinavia/France/Italy DLC's in the sale, went to install ETS2 and all seemed to go smoothly. However, the game will not launch.

I've tried:

• Reinstalling ETS2
  • Loading ETS2 with the 'safe mode' option
  • Made sure all drivers and Windows updates are up-to-date
  • Reinstalling Steam

I get no errors, there are no mods installed, I don't even think the ETS2 process starts in Task Manager, so not quite sure what's up with it.

PC Specs: i5 2500k, 8GB RAM, GTX970 4GB.
The game worked fine whenever it was I last played it, even though that was some time ago.

Does anyone have any other troubleshooting steps they think I could try?

sqrlLOVE

H3nry001

sqrlHI

• Start with backing up your ETS2 documents folder first.
  • Than try, steam verifying game service if that helps. In steam right click ETS2 --> properties --> Local Files --> "Verify Integrity Of Game Files"
  • Also post your game log. Copy what's in the file to something like pastebin and link it here. Log can be found in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder the "game.log"

sqrlLOVE
H3nry

with_my_apologies

Thanks for the assistance. This also didn't work.

HOWEVER...

I found the problem. For some weird reason, there was a 'launch option' set in the properties of the game and it was pointing at a random folder in my secondary storage drive. Got rid of that and now it works.

All that time and effort, when all I had to do was remove some text sqrlFAIL

sqrlLOVE

Go Up