The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Head Tracker advice needed

Started by cyntech79, Jan 16, 2017, 01:13 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

cyntech79

Hi all,

I'm after some advice on head tracking options.

Here in Australia, the TrackIR is too expensive (IMO, it's over $280 AUD), so I'm trying to find cheaper options.

The Natural Point Track clip pro is only around the $60 AUD mark but I can't find any info on whether this would work on it's own or should I just take a look at the Delanclip, where the gamer pack is just $80-odd AUD?

Does anyone have any experience in non-TrackIR solutions that can give some advice?

Tam_O_Shanter

sqrlHI

You will find that the clips are designed to work with and need the TrackIr infrared camera.

You can however search for some alternatives online.

Some to look at include -

EDTracker

TrackHat

FaceTrackNoIR

These will require a web camera and some need other parts and / or some construction.

There will be reviews and videos on You Tube.

The easiest to try is FaceTrackNoIr, and it does work but is much slower and less accurate than TrackIr and more fiddly to set up.

Hope that this gives you a few ideas to look at.  sqrlYES

cyntech79

sqrlHI

You will find that the clips are designed to work with and need the TrackIr infrared camera.

You can however search for some alternatives online.

Some to look at include -

EDTracker

TrackHat

FaceTrackNoIR

These will require a web camera and some need other parts and / or some construction.

There will be reviews and videos on You Tube.

The easiest to try is FaceTrackNoIr, and it does work but is much slower and less accurate than TrackIr and more fiddly to set up.

Hope that this gives you a few ideas to look at.  sqrlYES

Thanks for that. I've used FaceTrackNoIR before and it does not work when you are wearing glasses like I do - at least not to a workable standard.

I guess my question revolves around the point of selling the Naturepoint tracking clip separately to the rest of the TrackIR stuff. It seems there is none.

You have answered my question to a point, it looks like I'll have to look into Delanclip.

sikejsudjek

I have edtracker pro and it works well. No need for a webcam works via an accelerometer. Has up down, left right movement but not in out. I'm using it on ets2 which can be done natively with some editing of the control.sii file as shown on their website. Because it doesn't use a webcam or infra red you don't need to worry about light levels in the room. In the UK it cost me £47 but you can make one for less if you buy the parts. 

Go Up