• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

FAQ

Started by Squirrel, Mar 14, 2016, 05:42 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Squirrel

Mar 14, 2016, 05:42 pm Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016, 07:31 pm by whiteland92
Stream
How do I know when the next stream is due to start?
The best way is to go and check his schedule for the week.

My on-screen chat colour didn't change. What can I do?
Are you looking on the on-stream chat or the chat in your browser? Paul doesn't have control over your browser chat. If your on-stream colour hasn't been updated, please click on my account up in the left corner and change it there.

How do I subscribe to Paul's channel on a mobile device (i.e. iPad)?
Twitch is rolling out the feature to allow Subscriptions on mobile devices. Until then  click this link.

Why is Paul's live stream not available on my mobile device?
It usually will be, unless there is a problem with Twitch. When Paul goes live, be patient and wait 5 to 10 minutes until you try and watch his stream on a mobile device.

Will there be a Giveaway tonight and when will the Giveaway be?
Please don't ask about giveaways, they happen when they happen.

Ets2/Ats
How does Paul control the in-game camera without using the keyboard or mouse?
Paul uses a head tracking device called TrackIR 5 Pro. You can find the details here: https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Does Paul have a TrackIR profile i can use?
Yes, you can download the profile by clicking here, just place the XML file in your ''Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles'' Folder

Is there a list of mods that Paul uses?
Yes. You can check out the full list of recent mods used in ETS2/ATS by clicking here.

What happens when he changes gear without pressing the clutch pedal?
Nothing happens. It simply doesn't change gear, and the truck remains in the gear that was previously selected.

Raffle Claims
I won a game during Squirrel's raffle. How do I claim my game?
Send Paul a message on Twitch with the subject "Raffle Claim". Please note that if you don't Claim the Prize within 48 Hours the game will go back into the pot for next week, Please note that false raffle claims will lead to an instant ban from the Twitch channel and the Forum.

Paul sent me a Steam key for a game. How do I activate it?
Visit Steam's support website. Steam's explanation is very detailed.

Paul sent me an Origin key for a game. How do I activate it?
Visit Origin's support website. Origin's explanation is very detailed.

Hardware & Software
Can I download his TrackIR profile?
Yes, you can find information and the download link here.

Where can I find Paul's complete PC specifications?
you can find his PC specifications by going here.

What steering wheel does Paul use, and where can I find more information?
Paul uses the Logitech G27 steering wheel, pedal and shifter system. You can find more details about this setup at Logitech's website.

What joystick does Paul use, and where can I find more information?
Paul uses the Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S system. You can find more details about this setup at Thrustmaster's website.

Donations
How do I send a donation?
You can send a donation (with a message appearing on screen when Paul is live) by clicking this link. Make sure you use your Twitch name, so that your colour in chat gets updated accordingly.

Can I donate a game, and if so how?
You can donate a game by sending it to this e-mail address: gift@squirrel.tv. Make sure that your key is valid and has not been used before. Also be sure to include your twitch name in your message so that you can be credited for your donation!

If I donate a game, will my on-screen chat colour be updated?
Yes. Donating a game will count toward your overall donation amount and will be considered when calculating your on-screen chat colour, although the color won't change before the game has been processed and it has left Your inventory.

Is there a way for me to send something to Paul?
Yes, the best way to send something to Paul is to send it to the P.O. Box. It will Usually be opened on Sunday Night Trucking.

Other
Where can i find Paul's Social Media pages
You can follow Paul on Twitter, Facebook and The Steam Group for news and updates.

How did Paul come up with the name DaSquirrelsNuts?
When originally looking for a username for PSN, he wanted to go with something witty, based off an English saying "The dogs b**cks" He figured as he liked squirrels, he would go for something like "The squirrels nuts" however due to a restriction of letters on XBL, the "the" had to be replaced with "da" hence the name "DaSquirrelsNuts"

How old is Paul?
Old enough to have owned a ZX Spectrum when he was a kid. You do the math.

What does Paul do for a living?
Paul is a full time broadcaster, he became a full time Broadcaster the 2nd of April 2015.

What does #YOTS stand for?
YOTS stands for Year Of The Squirrel, YOTS started on the 2nd of April 2015 and is representing the first year since Paul became a full time Broadcaster

What are some of Paul's favourite foods?
Pepperoni pizza, very hot curries, chillies, banana milkshake, cashew nuts, cherries, fruity cheeses

What is Paul's favourite truck?
Most articulated Scanias

When did Paul start playing PC games?
When PC games first came out

How do Paul balance family life with gaming?
It's not easy, but his wife gives him amazing support and he couldn't have done it without her.

How can I become a Moderator for Paul?
Once in a while we recruit new moderators. When this happens it will be announced on the stream and in the Squirrel TV forums. Anyone can apply to become a moderator but very few are chosen. You do not need to be a subscriber or a donator to be chosen. To stand the best chance of being picked be seen to be an active and helpful member within the community.

Can I add Paul on Steam?
No.

Can I add Paul on Skype?
Paul uses Skype for Business Only.

Doyle
Who is that dog on the stream?
The dog on the Stream is named Doyle. Doyle is also the stream mascot - you won't see one day without the chat asking to see him.

How old is Doyle?
Doyle is around 5 and a half years old.

What breed is Doyle?
Doyle is a West Highland White Terrier or "Westie", for short.

Can I send something for Doyle to eat on the Stream?
Sure, the best way to send something for Doyle is to send it to the P.O. Box. It will usually be opened on Sunday Night Trucking.

Contacts
If you've been banned and want to appeal.
banappeals@squirrel.tv

If you want to contact Squirrel or need the assistant from a moderator.
mailbox@squirrel.tv

If you got a game key or other similar gift feel free to send them, it will be much appreciated.  sqrlLOVE
gift@squirrel.tv

or you can always send him a Twitch PM

Business email.
business@squirrel.tv

Go Up