The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

How To: Duplicate a ETS2/ATS Profile for MP/Mods or other.

Started by bazztard84ger, Feb 07, 2016, 11:34 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

bazztard84ger

Feb 07, 2016, 11:34 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016, 11:50 pm by bazztard84ger Reason: Changed Message Icon
Well Guys, I promised I would make a Forum Thread about this one and here it is.

Because everyone knows the Struggle, you got a very good Progress on your Vanilla Profile, and now you want to try out some Mods or you want to play Multiplayer but you don't want to start allover again, and also you don't want to use your Vanilla Profile for it in Case something goes wrong. So here is the How To - Duplicate your Profile: (I will show this here on ETS2 but the exact same Process also works with ATS)

Step 1:

Look into your Profiles Folder and get to know which one of your Profiles is the one you want to duplicate, if you're not sure, enter the Game and start that Profile up. You can close again instantly because the Progress will then be saved and you can clearly see in your Folder which one of them has latest Date/Time of Change.

Step 2:

Start ETS2 (ATS) up and create a brand new Profile, it doesn't matter what Profile Pic, Company Name or whatever...
The only Thing that DOES matter is the Name you give to that Profile because this needs to be the Name you want your duplicated Profile to be named!

Click on Start, jump the Control Config, choose any starting City (also doesn't matter), skip the Video, press ESC and go back to your Profiles, your Progress should be saved and you should have a new Profile, if so close down the Game.

Step 3:

Now you should have a new Folder in your Profiles Folder like this.

Open up that Folder and delete all its Content, afterwards go to the Folder of the Profile that should be duplicated and copy everything in it over to the new Folder.

Step 4:

Now comes the Tricky Part, in order to make that Profile Work you need to edit the profile.sii File, but... when you open it with Notepad you will see it's just contextless Signs as it's a crypted File.

In order to get this working you need a little Decrypter Tool I found on the SCS Forums, the Link to that Tool is here: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=280827#p280827 it's found on the first Post on the Page I marked that here, download this to your Computer.

Open up the Archive, it should contain 3 Files, the 2 necessary Files you extract into your new Profile Folder like this:

Step 5:

Now grab the profile.sii File of the Folder and drag it onto the scsc.bat File, a Command Window will open telling you the File has been decrypted.

Now open the profile.sii with Editor again and voila, it's in plain Text now:

Scroll down to the very bottom of that File, there's a Line that's called "profile name:"

Now change that Value to the EXACT same Value you entered when you created your new Profile.

After you've done that, save the File and close it.

Step 6:

Fire up ETS2 (ATS) again and you should have your duplicated Profile under your new Name with the Progress of the old Profile:

That's all for that! Just one Thing to keep in Mind, this could not work with Promods or any other Map Mod as they all state it's best to start their Maps on a clean fresh Profile, for any other Mod it will do great.

Cheers!  sqrlHI  sqrlVICTORY

geriatricginger

I do realize this is an old thread, but I get a java error when attempting to utilize it.

Code Select
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final boolean field javax.crypto.JceSecurity.isRestricted to java.lang.Boolean
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeQualifiedStaticBooleanFieldAccessorImpl.set(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Unknown Source)
        at scsc.ScsC.removeCryptographyRestrictions(ScsC.java:118)
        at scsc.ScsC.main(ScsC.java:35)

This is when trying to use it on ATS profile.sii.

andyroidni

Thank you soooo much Bazztard84ger Works perfectly!

suimemories

Its not working anymore? I change the name, run the game, and nothing happen. I have still my main profile.

thatrandomwelshguy

Jan 22, 2018, 06:43 pm Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018, 09:48 pm by thatrandomwelshguy
I can't get it to work. I want one for online (If I ever go on it again) One for regular SCS map and a third one for ProMods. But it just doesn't show up. :(

EDIT: Finally understood the last step. Now it seems to have worked. Thanks! :D

whtrans

I just run two savegames of the same profile, a SP and a MP savegame. I took the SP profile, turned all mods of and saved it as *game*MP. That way you start MP with all you money, XP, garages and trucks/employees. Take note: the game will automatically load the last savegame you played, so after changing from SP to MP (or the other way around) you have to manually load the right savegame.

Go Up