The Nut House

• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Longer Trains [First Release 0.1]

Started by mambroz, Feb 03, 2016, 04:12 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mambroz

Feb 03, 2016, 04:12 am Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016, 03:36 am by mambroz Reason: First Release Update
Download Version 0.1

Over the ATS launch weekend streams Squirrel pointed out how short the trains were. So I started playing around with modding ATS today, I've not worked with ETS2 before but I'm not new to modding/game dev so I figured it couldn't be too hard.

This is the rail yard near Fresno, the vanilla train is on engine, two of the grain (?) cars and four tank cars.

First Release

I've got a first release together. Currently the mod only modifies some of the trains. I wanted to get it out there so people could use it even though it's not 100% done yet. I want to do this for two reasons, I've that in some areas you might see a train stop and then poof out of existence if you stop and watch it. This is due to where the animation ends, and I don't know how to change that at the moment. I don't this is a big issue, unless it happens at a crossing, which brings me to reason two.

I would also like people to point out where crossing are, I haven't found them all yet, and that's the big area to check to make sure the trains are working correctly, and for me to see which ones are spawning.

Download Version 0.1

titantayl0r

I haven't come across a train yet :(

hurricanesteve69

Hey Guys,
Looking forward to more updates for this mod, but i made a video of what happened using the first version of this mod
Pretty crazy !! - ghost trains speeding through towns !! - without train tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOl3LuCcxE

humanbooks

Ah,ok,thank you,all off you,nice Train mod,just need to be fixed.

Go Up